The Houses are based on the four classic elements of matter:
In many cultures throughout the world, the four elements of earth, water, air and fire are referred to as “sacred,”: “essential for the survival of all living beings and therefore should be venerated and kept free from any contamination”.
The Latin names of the elements will be used as names for the Houses.
• The Latin word for 'wind'. It represents the element "Air".
• Colour: Purple.
• Value: Perseverance.
• Strengths: Communitative, joyful, imaginative.
• Motto: The sky is not a limit.
• Head of House: Mr Shokane.
• Captains: Bokamosa Msiza (Gr. 12), Hilton Matema (Gr. 11).
• “Air, I should explain, becomes wind when it is agitated.”
• The Latin word for 'earth'.
• Colour: Green
• Value: Accountability
• Strengths: Grounded, logical, hard-working.
• Motto: A force to recon with.
• Head of House: Ms Nickel.
• Captains: Kagiso Legodi (Gr. 12), Cheita Nkhuna (Gr. 11)
• Those who contemplate the beauty of the Earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.
• The Latin word for 'fire'.
• Colour: Red-orange
• Value: Integrity
• Strengths: Courageous, strong, passionate.
• Motto: United we are strong.
• Head of House: Ms Steyn.
• Captains: Kamogelo Roberts (Gr. 12), Kgokano Mamobolo (Gr. 11)
• The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled.
• The Latin word for 'water'.
• Colour: Blue
• Value: Punctuality
• Strengths: Healing, peaceful, trusting.
• Motto: Time determines fate.
• Head of House: Mr Roux.
• Captains: Shaun Tshiminika (Gr. 12), Kagiso Malebye (Gr.11)
• A drop of water is worth more than a sack of gold to a thirsty man.
The Houses will compete against each other in various events throughout the year.
Points will be allocated, and the winning House will be awarded the "House Cup".
The points will be on display in the hall, as well as on the notice board by the quad.
Events include, but are not limited to:
• Athletics Interhouse
• Winter Sport: Hockey, Netball, Rugby, Cross Country
• Summer sport: Soccer, Cricket, Softball
• Orators / Redenaars
• Top 10/20 of each grade
• Spelling Bee
• Solve your way to Civvies
• Game "nights"
• Attendance of "Movie Nights" and
• Other social functions.
Once a week during assembly time, the Houses will meet separately at their allocated points.
During these assemblies "House Matters" will be discussed, learners will be motivated and encouraged to participated in the various events.
Team T-shirts will be sold in the school store. These shirts should be worn on competition days, e.g. Interhouse Athletics, Soccer Day, Wintersport Day, etc...
|Top class per grade|
|Grade 9||9.2||Ventus - (Top Senior Phase class)|
|Grade 11||11.2||Ignis - (Top FET Phase class)|
Due to the lockdown, all extra-mural activities have been suspended until further notice. Therefore, only the Academic section of the competition will continue.
Ms L. Steyn
Ms M. Botha
Ms C. Du Plessis
Ms C. Nickel
Mr G. Du Plessis
Ms C. Louw
Mr K. Shokane
Mr J. Gouws
Ms T Viljoen
Mr C. Roux
Ms L. Van Den Berg
Ms E. Louw